Thursday, June 28, 2012

Insatiable by Eve Eliot

The definition of Insatiable, is something impossible to satisfy, such as a want or need, that's the connection made to this book.

This book, is quite a sad book. It's the story of four girls, each having a different eating disorder, and how they live their daily lives.

Now I don't have an eating disorder, but I CAN relate to these girls. I have self image issues, but don't we all really have something we hate about ourselves? It's something we all can connect with, it's just that the girls in this book decide to deal with it in unhealthy ways, that are going to negatively effect and change their lives.

This book shows the four girls, and the consequences they have from their disorders. Eating disorders are not something to take lightly... They can ruin your lives. I think this book shows us that, and it also shows us that we should be happy with ourselves, because there is no better You, that you could be.

I would recommend this book to anyone who feels that they aren't good enough, or to anyone with a low self esteem, it will make you change your mind about that. I know it really changed my outlook on things. : )

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good one! The lesson you pointed out--that you are the best you that there is--is so important! Thanks for sharing your thoughts and recommendation. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete